Friday, October 4, 2013

A Little Relaxing, a Little Working and New Friends!




We had a lovely slow morning waking after daylight. The weather was pleasant, not too hot for our cleaning chores in the afternoon. Walter started by trying to get up some stubborn stains on the deck.



Then we saw The Lexington AGAIN... this time going down river...no more locks before Chattanooga so we won't have to race him again for several days until we start back down river.


These little boat houses in front of our favorite tow boat (above picture) are fixed on the dock and several are rented tonight... they don't go any where but from the sound of it the folks on them are having lots of fun.

So today was a work day because of some awful mildew and spider droppings that are on the bridge. I guess we are always just looking forward out the smileys and not up at the ceiling or bimini top.   But when I was on the fore deck recently I looked up and couldn't believe the amount of black mildew that had accumulated there!  So I did a back bend most of the day scrubbing over my head.....that takes some elbow grease and I got dizzy a few times .....whew!  


GA working hard on the cleaning the sun deck roof that is inside the aft smiley on the bridge.



About 430p we finished up most of the bridge and I went for a long walk up the steep hill behind the marina. I discovered that I have been a flat lander way too long! Here is a shot from high above the river... notice those boat houses in the center of the photo.... very tiny....



Here is same view but zoomed in a bit.



The nicest thing happened on my walk... and it wasn't the little dog that bit me!... well, he got a mouth full of my jeans and would have come for more but I yelled at him and stomped my feet! Funny, cause his large companion, a big dog with a deep bark, did nothing but stand there and bark.

The nice thing was that I met a couple walking up the hill as I turned to go back down. They soon turned around also and being somewhat younger quickly caught up with me. I found out that they live on a 37 ft Jefferson in this same marina! They have wanted to do the Loop but keep enjoying Florida and the Chesapeake so much they don't get much passed MD. Their time boating is short because the wife still works at a college. They came over after dinner and we had such a good time talking.. getting advice about where to anchor or marinas in FL and all along the rivers going down to Mobile Bay. But the best was exchanging boating stories... I love this boating community! We have gained many friends that I do hope we will see again.

Tomorrow, after another lazy morning start, will find us cleaning the Isinglass both on the Bridge and the Sun deck and there might even be talk about our “next boat”.... especially how it won't have Isinglass! Ha!




2 comments:

  1. I have be doing some catching up on my reading.......sad to say I got behind a bit. Miss you! I know you will enjoy the grand wonders if you haven't already by now.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete