Friday, February 21, 2014

Cloudy Day in Titusville



I left for my usual long walk this morning because the Captain said there would be no rain until 2p. And I only walked through a couple of showers on the way back to meet him at a restaurant for lunch!

The lunch spot was called Caffe Chocolat. They make lots of fresh breads there and great desserts.



Their building takes up the most of the block with only one other small business on the end.  In this building the Caffe also has a gift shop and an ice cream parlor.


By 2p no rain had come so I left for a short walk. The sky over the sail boats at the next dock looked heavy with rain....


There is a City park near our marina where I took these bird photos.  I am guessing this first photo is a Great White Heron or Great Egret.


These three seem to be the same kind of bird....White Ibis perhaps....








These birds were interesting. There heads reminded me of vultures.  Who knows what they are?  I thought they were Jabirus but they don't have the red on their necks. I believe they are another type of Ibis.






The thunder came and then the down pour.... I ran for the pavilion but got soaked before I got there.  A young couple biking had taken refuge there also.


A white out of rain came along the waterway nearly erasing the moored boats from sight.


The wind and rain tossed Miss gg around today...the Captain needed to tightened the lines.  

We are snuggled down tonight ….....looking forward to the continuing Adventure after a few rainy days.









No comments:

Post a Comment