Friday, April 11, 2014

In Search of Susie's Crooked Tree



My boating friend Susie took a great photo of a very crooked tree when she was here with her hubby on their boat, The Pearl.  I tried to find it yesterday but never did. Then last night she sent me the “Path to the Tree” map.  We are docked beyond that bridge on the Ortega River (red dot at bottom of map).




So this was today's project: FIND Susie's Tree. This should be so easy.  I was armed with the map of the first explorer....never mind my dysfunctional directional problem!  I started off before 9a & before I returned to our boat I had walked 7.3 miles.

Walking up St. John's Avenue just before it curves I passed this sweet little garden next to a house.  It has several statues of children & some plaques that talk about heaven.  It is called, “Randy's Garden”.  I suppose this family lost this child when he was very young.




Many of the side streets were lined with old oak trees. 
     



Could this be the special crooked tree?




A different and pretty house along the way.




Could one of these trees be it?



Or maybe this old twisted tree?



OR this one.....look at the one strong branch that decided it would grow straight up regardless of its crooked neighbor branches!



Alas, I never did find Susie's Tree!   Here is her awesome photo.




While I was walking this morning the tech guy completed work on the windlass motor and the Captain tried it out and it works great.  Do I dare actually make the statement that we will be cruising tomorrow?  I will just whisper,  Good-bye Jacksonville!







1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't find the same tree, but it looks like you had a nice walk anyway. Good luck throwing off the lines tomorrow. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete