Saturday, May 25, 2013

Rest Day in Chesapeake Harbor Marina??


Small craft warnings were posted for today so we snuggled in for the day still a bit chilled from yesterday. Sun came out bright from early morning on but temp was 54 degrees and with the wind blowing at 24mph it felt colder.  It did warm up in the 60s but the wind never stopped.

I downloaded a book I thought Walter would really like but the poor guy remembered he needed to fix the leaky faucet in our cabin. We both expected this to be a quick fix... is anything on a boat a quick job??!!  He had earlier purchased some different size washers & thought that was all that was needed.  However, when he took the old thing apart it disintegrated!! Then he checked the one in the guest cabin and found the same thing!  So it was off to the hardware store in the free shuttle provided by our marina. Long story short he ended up having to make two trips because the new faucets didn't come with the needed parts! Before these two trips he got a ride to the grocery store and walked back.... a little over a mile but not fun carrying the bags of groceries.  He is still working at this hour (655p) but it is all nearly done.

Walter Down in Engine Room prepping for Tomorrow's Cruise

I decided I needed some exercise, too, so I intended walking to the grocery store because Walter said this will be our last time near one for several days.. was I panicking?.. yeah, probably.... I started off walking and after about half mile the road ended at the water.. I went the wrong way so turned around and after 1.5 miles found the grocery.  I stocked up on more essentials and was blessed to catch the last shuttle ride back to the marina.

I best finish cooking dinner and feed the Captain. We cruise tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment