Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rockin' & Rollin' to Annapolis!


We are safely across the Bay on the West side near Annapolis, MD.   It was the roughest cruise yet although the worse part didn't last long....  On this wave ride we would swing from side to side and then down a wave. And making it harder was the fact that even with two smileys open on the bridge it was very hot!  This was because we were traveling with the wind. My sea bands were working great to keep me from being sick but I needed a cooler place and found one:  I opened the port side sun deck door and sat in a wicker chair right in front of it.  It was great!  

Then we started really rolling and my chair tipped over toward the rail where I caught myself and just as quick as that happened I rocked back and up & over on the coffee table!  I guess I could have flown out the door into the Bay and it would have been many miles before Walter would have missed me... but I was so enjoying the breeze I dismissed that thought.  :-0

Waves Coming Over Deck

And I took at least 10 photos trying my best to catch a wave exploding over the side of the boat and I also tried video but couldn't get that to work!   Here is the best of my photos.





If you wonder what all our wanderings were on the satellite tracker it is because we tried to get into the City Marinas to be closer to town but all were either full or we just didn't like the looks of them... too close to some very noisy parks.....we are so spoiled from anchoring out.

Our search for a place for Miss gg took us up the Severn River to look for the Navy's mooring balls which you are allowed to use without charge unless there is a hurricane coming then the Navy uses them for their boats.  We could see that we were getting further and further away from the city so came back to the place where we are now: Chesapeake Harbor Marina. A very nice place with 2 pools, beach and restaurant. They have a free shuttle we will take to explore the Naval Academy and the town tomorrow.

We are glad to be in this very protected area as a big storm is coming tonight.. Walter has crossed our lines and doubled them up just in case. Then a weary Captain swabbed the decks getting the salt spray off.
Captain Swabbing Deck


The first mate took a few minutes to rest her back … okay, she napped!!

First Mate Napping on Salon Sofa



No comments:

Post a Comment